Department / Unit:
|Part-Time Level 2|
Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together. We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to work with our D Wing (Med/Surg/Paeds) Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Registered Nurse within the D Wing (Med/Surg/Paeds) Department
The Registered Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision of general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis according to the standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation.
The commitment for regular part-time Level II Nurse will be as follows:
Is available for fifty-two (52) weeks per year minus vacation entitlement; and
Could be pre-scheduled a minimum of 33.75 hours per month, which includes 1 weekend: and
Is available to work either Christmas or New Year’s period; and
Is available to be pre-scheduled a minimum of 45 hours/month from June to September and must include a minimum of 1 weekend/month: and
Submits additional availability in the manner prescribed by the Hospital.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN preferred, minimum completion of Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum 1 year recent (within 1-2 years) medical-surgical and/or pediatric experience
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program)
- Current BCLS certification
- ENPC (Emergency Nursing Paediatric Course) or PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) preferred
- Management of Aggressive Behavior or equivalent preferred
- Certificate in Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) preferred
- Pediatric Nursing Certificate preferred
- Baby Friendly Initiative 20-hour breastfeeding course preferred
- Recent Medical/Surgical and Paediatric experience preferred
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
Hiring Salary Range: $34.24 - $49.02
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters
Extra InformationWe thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.