Department / Unit:
|Emergency/Intensive Care Unit
Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together.We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to work with our Emergency/ICU Float Pool Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Registered Nurse within Emergency/ICU Float Pool Department
The Registered Nurse (RN) will be accountable and responsible for the provision of general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis. The RN will be tasked with caring for patients in the Emergency Department or Intensive Care Unit and function in the capacity of a Critical Care Float Nurse. This person will also follow and abide by the Practice Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), and approved standards of care of the Corporation.
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 1-2 years recent Emergency Room and/or Intensive Care Unit experience (preference will be given to those candidates with both Emergency Department and ICU experience)
- ACLS certification and experience required
- BCLS certification
- Experience with arterial lines and central lines maintenance (preferred)
- Current certification CTAS training/experience (preferred)
- CTAS Triage Certified (preferred) or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Medical Directives certification (preferred) or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Completion of Critical Care Certificate (preferred) or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire
- IV Therapy initiation and maintenance (Parenteral Therapy)
- Experience in a critical care setting (preferred)
- Experience with mechanical ventilation (preferred)
- Trauma Management course (TNCC) or equivalent (preferred)
- Coronary Care course – Level 1 (required) or Level 2 (preferred)
- Experience with pediatrics (preferred)
- PALS or ENPC course (preferred)
- Emergency Room courses (asset)
- Able to work independently under medical directives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize care and adapt to unexpected change in patient acuity
- Demonstrated critical thinking decision making skills
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
Hiring Salary Range: $34.24 - $49.02
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community.
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters
Extra InformationWe thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.