Department / Unit:
Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together. We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to work with our Occupational Therapy Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
The Occupational Therapist (OT) provides occupational therapy consultation, assessment, and intervention to promote the development of skills and behaviors essential to minimize the impact of disability on functional independence.
The Occupational Therapist develops and implements a plan of intervention for inpatients in collaboration with the health care team. Specifically, you will provide expert occupational therapy assessment and treatment recommendations for patients on the acute care units, as well as in the Complex Continuing Care (CCC)/Assess and Restore Unit. You are a strong team player and enjoy a mixed patient case load.
- BScOT/MScOT or equivalent required
- Registered and licensed with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO)
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in acute and/or rehabilitation hospital environment preferred
- Experience with assessment of cognition, mobility and safety with the elderly and/or chronically ill
- Experience doing splinting using multiple mediums preferred
- Knowledge of community resources an asset
- Experience in positioning and wound prevention an asset
- Strong computer skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to utilize your critical thinking and problem- solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work with an Occupational Therapy Assistant to develop plans of care and modify as necessary
- Excellent team player
- Appropriate lifting techniques
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
Hiring Salary Range: $39.19 – $54.66
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community.
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.