Department / Unit:
|RPN Float Pool
|Temporary Full Time
Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together. We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Registered Practical Nurse to work with our Float Pool Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Registered Practical Nurse within the Float Pool Department
The Registered Practical Nurse is responsible and accountable for providing quality patient/family focused nursing care to a patient population with predictable outcomes. As part of the interdisciplinary health team, the RPN will practice within their full scope in accordance with the nursing philosophy and standards set by HHCC, the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Regulated Health Professions Act legislation.
- Registered Practical Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Registered Practical Nurse Certification from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification
- Recent clinical experience preferred.
- Courses related to specific unit as required
- Current ACLS certification, or completion within 3 months of hire (completion preferred)
- Completion of Coronary Care I preferred
- Competence in starting and maintaining IV’s
- Experience in a Medical/Surgical preferred
- Certificate in Gentle Persuasive approach preferred
- Completion of Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) preferred
- Required to work in multiple departments and do transfers
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
Hiring Salary Range: $31.142 - $31.801
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters
Extra InformationWe thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The duration of this temporary contract is approximately 11 months.