Department / Unit:
|PSW Float Pool
|Temporary Part Time
Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together.
We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Personal Support Worker to work with our Float Pool Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
Position Responsibilities:The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Personal Support Worker within the Float Pool DepartmentThe PSW performs assigned functions as unregulated care providers, that support the health care team in assisting patients in activities of daily living and supports the effective operations of patient care areas.Qualifications:
Hiring Salary Range: $27.511 – $28.019
- Successful completion of a 1-year Personal Support Worker Diploma from a community college
- Recent experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and follow written instructions and routine written reports
- Strong written & verbal communication skills & ability to deal with the public in a courteous manner
- Current CPR certification
- Certificate in Gentle Persuasive Approach
- Ability to function as a team member in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently
- Appropriate lifting techniques
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
Why Headwaters?Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters communityWe offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The duration of this temporary contract is approximately 11 months.