Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring
We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Manager, Finance & Reporting to work with our Finance Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
The Manager of Finance & Reporting is responsible for the financial operations of the Hospital, including financial reporting and control systems. This position is responsible for: ensuring that all financial elements, including procurement, are conducted in accordance with Hospital policy and procedure, Hospital compliance with all regulatory oversight bodies (OHRS, MIS, PSAS, BPSPD, CRA), and facilitation of financial oversight and planning, including responsibilities for supporting in-year and year end reporting and audit processes. The Manger of Finance & Reporting oversees the administrative, human resources, audit and security functions of general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, procurement and logistics team functions.
- Build effective relationships and partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain inputs, controls, and key assumptions required for financial modelling, annual operating, and capital budgeting
- Oversee and support an efficient process to coordinate and analyze the financial and operational results of the Hospital for reporting, planning and forecasting requirements
- Prepare quality financial analysis and presentations for senior leadership
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure that key performance indicators are aligned with financial initiatives
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts related to financial processes, including Adaptive Insights
- Support and uphold a culture of financial transparency and continuous improvement
- Monitor and track financial performance for reasonableness and highlight/escalate areas of interest or concern
- Act as subject matter expert regarding Canadian Public Sector Accounting Standards, the Ministry of Health/Ontario Health (MOH/OH) reporting requirements and directives, and Broader Public Sector Procurement (BPSP) directives and guidelines
- Ensure all Hospital, MOH, OH and BPSP directives, policies and procedures are reflected in the Hospitals internal controls and business processes
- Co-ordinate financial governance, compliance and attestation reporting as necessary
- Prepare and maintain process documentation with clearly defined roles and responsibilities and embedded controls
- Recommend and implement process improvement solutions based on analysis of issues and implications
- Foster a culture aligned with the Hospital’s strategic objectives and organizational values
- Build and maintain a team required to meet the annual objectives of the Hospital. Focus on enhanced training and development opportunities, employee coaching, performance recognition, and management
- Ensure the safety of your team through the provision of competent supervision as defined under the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable Hospital policies
- Apply expertise and think creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine
- Broader work and/or accountabilities may be assigned as needed
- Direct reports: Internal accountants, Accounts Payable (Mohawk Medbuy Corporation), Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Supervisor of Procurement and Logistics.
- On-call responsibilities as required.
- Professional Accounting Designation required (CPA)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant hospital experience, with demonstrated ability in managing interpersonal and fiscal challenges of a highly demanding clinical setting
- Superior communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships across the Hospital
- Ability to successfully manage expectations of internal/external stakeholders
- Proficiency in financial modeling, with expert-level skills in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, is required
- Demonstrated experience in presenting complex information to a variety of audiences, including senior executives
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Experience working in a unionized environment is considered an asset
- Experience in a business partnership role is required
- Experience in developing and maintaining financial models is required
- Experience leading projects is required
- Experience with Adaptive Insights is considered an asset.
Hours of Work: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Hiring Salary Range: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Entitled to HOOPP Pension
- 100% Employer Cost Benefits
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters