Department / Unit:
|Decision Support, IT and HIM
Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring
We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Health Informatics Analyst to work with our Decision Support Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
Reporting to the Manager, Decision Support, and working directly with other members of the Decision Support team and/or individuals at various levels within the organization, you will:
- Analyze, interpret, and present data, and create and maintain technical documentation by using Health information management software like Crystal reports, MySQL etc.
- Ability to run weekly, monthly, and annual Data Quality Audit.
- Support clinical and non-clinical areas in the development of KPIs, dashboards, data visualizations, and reports (routine and ad hoc) for the purposes of monitoring and optimizing organization performance on quality, safety, operations, and planning.
- Provide analytical support and expertise to facilitate effective and efficient benchmarking and prediction analysis at corporate and clinical program-levels.
- Able to liaise between Coders and Physicians Groups to improve documentation. Work closely with Coder to support day to day workflow.
- Support reporting to various external reporting agencies including Cancer Care Ontario,
- the Ministry of Health and Ontario Health.
- Perform regular CIHI and IDS data submissions and reconciliation of abstracts.
- Conduct data quality investigations and engage in continuous data quality improvements.
- Commit to, and actively work to remain knowledgeable and up to date in the assigned field.
- Challenge the status quo and recommend innovative ways to improve reporting process efficiency and quality.
- Promotes an environment that encourages and supports change using change management theory
- All employees of Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by HHCC.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- An Undergraduate degree in Medical Informatics, Health informatics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Certified Health Information Management Professional with CHIMA and member in good standing an asset
- One (1) or more years of experience in a data/analytics environment with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with the Canadian Institute for Health Information (DAD, NACRS, NRS, CCRS) or other large healthcare datasets (e.g., Wait Times).
- Strong data visualization and presentation skills.
- Experience working with data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI).
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in database querying (e.g., MySQL) and good to have programming knowledge for Python and/or R.
- Proficient use of the MS Office suite (specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- A willingness to tackle complex challenges as well as routine maintenance and administrative tasks.
- Being self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as being a contributing team member when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities.
- Adhering to confidentiality and privacy requirements for sensitive financial and clinical information.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week; 8:00am-4:00pm
Hiring Salary Range: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Entitled to HOOPP Pension
- 100% Employer Cost Benefits
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.