Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together.
We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to work with our Ambulatory Care Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Registered Nurse within the Ambulatory Care Department
The Registered Nurse is accountable and responsible for the provision of general and specialized nursing duties and work assignments on a daily basis according to the standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patients’ needs relative to nursing care of a patient with a Cancer/Hematological diagnosis. Responsible for the administration of IV and Oral Chemotherapy/Biotherapy/Blood products and initiates and maintains the patient care plan according to the patients’ goals and expected outcomes utilizing tools such as Your Symptoms Matter (YSM).Qualifications:
- Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CNA Certification in Oncology (completed or in progress)
- De Souza institute provincial standardized chemotherapy certification or Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) chemotherapy/biotherapy certificate or equivalent
- De Souza institute chemotherapy maintenance course or ONS chemotherapy/biotherapy renewal course yearly
- 2-3 years recent experience in Ambulatory Care setting including Oncology and administration of systemic therapy (Chemotherapy/Biotherapy)
- Health/Physical Assessment Certificate (preferred)
- Active member of CANO (preferred)
- Knowledge of Best Practice Guidelines in management of Central Vascular Access devices, PICC, Port a Cath & Hickman
- Current Health Care Provider BCLS Certification
- ACLS Certification (an asset)
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development as it applies to the profession and related field
- Effective interpersonal, communication and organizational abilities; ability to relate well with patients and families as well as all members of the health care team
- Ability to organize and prioritize patient care activities with flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
- Demonstrates effective problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Appropriate lifting techniques
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
Hiring Salary Range: $37.93 - $54.37Why Headwaters?
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community.
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters