Department / Unit:
Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together.We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.We are looking for a Registered Nurse to work with our SADV Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and TeamworkPosition Responsibilities:The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Registered Nurse within the SADV DepartmentThe S.A./D.V. Program of Dufferin-Caledon provides acute “on-call” care to women, men and children who have been recently sexually assaulted or experienced intimate partner abuse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.The Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence nurse is a dedicated, specially-trained Registered Nurse who provides emergency medical and nursing care, crisis intervention, documentation of injuries, medications to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections including HIV, forensic evidence collection, safety planning, and telephone follow-up to sexual assault and domestic violence victims/survivors according to the RN standards of College of Nurses of Ontario.Qualifications:
Hiring Salary Range: $37.93 - $54.37Why Headwaters?Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters communityWe offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters
- Current Certification – College of Nurses of Ontario
- CPR certification or equivalent
- Three years current nursing experience, with demonstrated skill and experience in physical assessment and trauma management
- Physical assessment course
- Demonstrated ability to organize work effectively and establish priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, computer literacy an asset
- Ability to function independently as well as with team members
- Interest in dealing with victims of violence – must complete training, as required, as well as ongoing staff development and team meetings
- Crisis intervention course an asset
- Demonstrated compassion, reliability and advocacy for victims of violence
- Committed availability for on-call roster, minimum of ten (10) on-call shifts per month
- Willingness to provide a minimum of two years commitment to the program
- Opportunity for ongoing education in Forensic Nursing and SANE certification
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
Extra InformationWe thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
4 positions available