Department / Unit:
Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together.We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Charge Nurse to work with our D-Wing Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Charge Nurse within the D-Wing Department
The Charge Nurse is a leadership role with accountabilities and responsibilities for coordinating and organizing the daily operation of the nursing care unit. The Charge Nurse ensures evidence-based, safe, and consistent patient care services are delivered on a daily basis, according to the Standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and approved standards of care of the Corporation.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN preferred, minimum completion of Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum two years recent (within 1-2 years) medical-surgical and/or pediatric experience
- Recent (within 1-2 years) leadership experience
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program)
- Management of Aggressive Behavior or equivalent
- Current BCLS certification
- ENPC (Emergency Nursing Paediatric Course) or PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) required – or commitment to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Baby Friendly Initiative 20-hour breastfeeding course required – or commitment to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Certificate in Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) preferred
- Pediatric Nursing Certificate preferred
- Demonstrates effective leadership behaviours including the ability to coach and mentor others, conflict resolution, multi-tasking, critical thinking, and effective problem solving
- Knowledge and application of Lean methodology preferred
- Effective interpersonal, communication and organizational abilities to promote team work with staff, physicians and the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Ability to relate well with patients and families and respond to concerns.
- Experience in staff scheduling and knowledge of iSchedule is an asset
- Ability to organize and prioritize patient care activities with flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and relevant legislation
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development and lifelong learning
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and patient safety initiatives
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.