Department / Unit:
Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together.
We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Social Worker to work with our Allied Health Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
The Social Worker will provide clinical social work services throughout the organization, including: Psychosocial assessments, brief solution focused counselling, and the development/co-ordination of a comprehensive discharge planning and multidisciplinary team consultation primarily with elderly patients. When possible, he or she will also attend rounds and follow up with patients on the in-patient acute units.
- Assessing patients for the purpose of evaluating the need for service, the nature of the problem, and formulating recommendations or treatment plans within various areas of the hospital including, diabetes, dialysis, and in-patient areas.
- Implementing an intervention plan with patients, family members, significant others, and the multi-disciplinary team for the purpose of facilitating changes in behavior, attitudes, feelings and/or the environment.
- Reassessing and modifying the intervention plan as required.
- Establishing contact with members of the multi-disciplinary team and community agencies to obtain, provide or exchange information relating to patients' psycho-social functioning and health care in the past, present and future.
- Participate in yearly strategic planning initiatives and corporate professional development
- Care of patients and families with new or recurrent diagnoses
- Coordination of discharge planning and facilitating family services
- Participates in patient safety initiatives and takes action to address unsafe conditions and procedures to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work required; Master’s in Social Work preferred
- Must have current membership in the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Recent previous experience on an inpatient unit.
- Minimum 3 years recent experience in a hospital or community health organization.
- Recent experience with electronic charting within an inpatient hospital setting preferred
- Strong clinical skills - assessment, counseling, and discharge planning/community integration.
- Knowledge of psychosocial impact of health crises on person and family
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaborative skills.
- Familiarity with community resources, LTC placement process, relevant consent and capacity legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a member of the health care team.
- Course in Managing Aggressive Behavior and/or Gentle Persuasive Approach an asset
- Ability to educate both staff and families
- Excellent group, crisis intervention and interpersonal skills
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community.
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
2 Positions available