Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together.
We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Clinical Scholar to work with our Interprofessional Practice Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
We are currently looking for Registered Nurses (RNs) to join our team as a Clinical Scholar. Reporting to the Manager of Interprofessional Practice, Quality and Innovation, and in collaboration with the Clinical Educators, the ideal candidate will mentor and support nursing graduates, internationally educated nurses (IENs) and nurses looking to upskill.
The Clinical Scholar Program will focus exclusively on mentoring new and international nurses in their transition to Headwaters Health Care Centre and the clinical nursing workforce. The Clinical Scholar will not have a patient caseload but will support the nurses’ practice and integration into the clinical area and in accordance with organizational and professional standards, and in collaboration with clinical teams. In conjunction with the Clinical Educator, the Clinical Scholar will create, adapt, and deliver orientation and learning resources, using various delivery methods in accordance with organizational and unit policies/practices/guidelines.
The Clinical Scholar will provide an ongoing presence on the clinical unit(s) to support the ongoing development of the new graduates, as well as tracking and documentation of skillset achievement, and will provide ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the new graduate and the scholar program, including the creation of learning goals and objectives.
- The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Clinical Scholar within Interprofessional Practice Department
- Providing mentorship to new nurses including nursing graduates and IEN nurses
- Support new nurses and IEN nurses in their nursing practice and integration into clinical area in accordance with organizational and professional standards
- Support unit leadership in competency evaluations and reporting concerns to unit leadership
- Ensure delivery of professional nursing care by utilizing evidence-based practice
- Demonstrate critical thinking in the nursing process while collecting and interpreting data, planning, implementing, and evaluating all aspects of nursing care
- Collaborate with the clinical interprofessional team and the Clinical Educators
- Has knowledge, skill, and judgement needed to guide competent, evidence-based nursing practice that complies with the College of Nurses of Ontario Standard of Practice
- Current Certification of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as an RN (General Class); or nurses who have retired and are still registered with the CNO
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with frontline practice
- Demonstrated experience precepting students
- Demonstrated experience precepting new staff
- Current B.C.L.S. and commitment to ongoing renewal
- Current ACLS (preferred)
- Recent experience in obstetrics or peadiatrics (preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership, change management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated mentorship skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality care
- Demonstrated professional judgement, critical thinking and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, team and customer service skills, with the ability to articulate clear expectations and work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, solve problems with evidence-based decision-making practices and resolve conflicts in a timely and efficient manner
- Evidence of continuing education and commitment to ongoing professional development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Adherence to all health and safety policies, procedures and provisions and the recognition and reporting of unsafe hazards and work practices
Hiring Salary Range: $35.52-$50.85
Position Length: The duration of this temporary contract is approx. 8 months.
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters