Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring
We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Pharmacy Technician to work with our Pharmacy Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Pharmacy Technician within Pharmacy Department.
The Registered Pharmacy Technician practices in the hospital environment in accordance with the Standards of Practice set out by the Ontario College of Pharmacists and with the Mission, Vision and Values of Headwaters Health Care Centre. These standards are developed for Registered Pharmacy Technicians who assist pharmacists performing the controlled acts for Pharmacy practice as follows: dispensing, selling and compounding drugs and/or supervising the part of a pharmacy where drugs are kept.
- Completion of a recognized Community College Pharmacy Technician course or equivalent required.
- Registration with the College of Pharmacists required (RPh.T designation).
- 2 years’ experience in a hospital setting
- Unit dose experience preferred
- Experience and proficiency with sterile chemotherapy preparation (At least 2 years recent experience with sterile chemotherapy preparation)
- Proven proficiency with computers including word processing, spreadsheet applications and e-mail systems
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team to optimize workflow in the pharmacy department.
- Good mathematical ability.
- Ability to prioritize a consistent and varied workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in following specific instructions with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates the skills of an excellent team player
- Motivated and self-directed
- Effective negotiation and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Ability to differentiate between brand and generic drug names and understand their clinical uses.
- Must have the ability to work all shifts ( i.e. morning and evening shifts, weekends and statutory holidays) and an ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Salary Range: $31.38-$36.18 plus 14% lieu of benefits (12% if enrolled in HOOPP) & 6% vacation pay.
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters