Department / Unit:
Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together. We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Cardiopulmonary Technologist to work with our Ambulatory Care Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and TeamworkPosition Responsibilities:
The Cardiopulmonary Technologist is responsible for performing all necessary testing relating to Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT), it also includes patient billing and preliminary interpretation, assisting in maintaining accurate patient documentation and records, and maintaining proper care of equipment and instruments.
- Registered and in good standing with the Canadian Association of Cardio-Pulmonary Technologists (CACPT)
- Will consider equivalent regulated Health Professional
- BCLS required yearly (required)
- Certified respiratory educator certificate (preferred)
- Two to five years’ recent Pulmonary Function Testing experience
- Must be able to assist patient with transfer to chair
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the proven ability to mentor staff
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated superior problem identification and solving skills
- Ability to perform work with accuracy, efficiency and independence
- Demonstrated interest in continuing education
- Demonstrated willingness to take on projects
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Appropriate lifting techniques
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community.
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters
Extra InformationWe thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.