Department / Unit:
|Hospital Service Coordinator
Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together. We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Hospital Service Coordinator to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
The HSC is responsible for patient access and flow management 24/7 and will lead an inter-professional team daily at bed management meetings. After hours, weekends and holidays the HSC will also be accountable for the general administration and management of all departments and staff in the absence of the Management and Administrative teams.
The HSC will ensure an environment that supports professional practice and leads the team in implementing evidence-based practices within a patient centered care philosophy when able. The HSC will create an environment that supports staff and patient safety and quality improvement. The HSC will also communicate effectively in all interactions with an inter-professional team and our community partners to facilitate patient and family-centered care.
- Current registration from an Ontario Health Professions College
- Baccalaureate Degree in a health-related discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years recent (within the last 5 years) and relevant leadership experience
- Previous clinical experience of 3-5 years
- Professional association membership as appropriate
- Strong interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and team building skills that facilitate positive interactions among all members of the health care team.
- Possesses highly developed analytical, problem solving, critical thinking skills and the ability to introduce and effectively facilitate change.
- Demonstrated patient and family centered philosophy.
- Demonstrated focus on patient and staff safety through quality management.
- Experience within a unionized environment an asset
- Strong clinical decision-making and organizational skills with a commitment to professional development.
- Flexible, organized, and self-directed; has initiative and independent judgement.
- Ability to provide leadership, support, and critical analysis in stressful, complex, clinical and emotional situations.
- Possesses effective communication and conflict management skills.
- Acceptable performance and attendance records (applies to internal applicants only)
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community.
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters
Extra InformationWe thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.