Headwaters Health Care Centre. One Community, Caring Together.
We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Laboratory Assistant to work with our Laboratory Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork
The successful applicant will perform the duties expected of a Laboratory Assistant within Laboratory Department.
The Laboratory Assistant performs phlebotomy and ECGs, and performs laboratory and clerical activities that do not require interpretation, assessment or the exercise of independent judgment. Demonstrates acceptance of the organization’s philosophy of management. Demonstrates willingness to undertake duties in a friendly, cooperative manner. Demonstrates a caring approach to patients, families, visitors and staff. Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, works as a member of the team in the laboratory, treats others with respect, and promotes team work with laboratory staff, physicians, hospital staff and other customers.
- Graduate of approved Medical Laboratory Technician/Assistant course or 2 years Lab experience as a Laboratory Assistant
- Experience with accessioning and shipping pathology specimens, addressing specimen issues with the clinical staff, following up on over-due reports, filing of blocks and slides etc.
- OSMT certified or eligible to write OSMT exams or CSLMS certified or eligible to write CSLMS exams
- Must obtain OSMT Certificate or CSLMS Certification within 2 years of start date
- Acceptable performance and attendance records
Hiring Salary Range: $31.65-$36.18
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre - Careers at Headwaters